30 June 2011

And Another One

Today, I decided to post my second-favorite lunch (at least, lately). Please don't be scared. This blog will not become a chronicle of what I eat every day. I promise. Last "lunch post" for a while, okay?

Ever since Kim H. introduced the chick pea and me, by way of hummus, I am majorly tempted by recipes that contain them. The only problem is that Travis doesn't seem to be as crazy about them as I am. So I have to stick to eating them for lunch. That is why I was SO EXCITED when I saw this recipe on the Picky Palate (you can find it on my sidebar). It's definitely become one of my favorite lunches. So, here is how I fix it! (Wow. If one of my former English students had used the word "fix" in that manner, there would be some red ink on that page! But, fortunately, this is a blog! :D)


Chick Pea Salad

Baby arugula
1 can of chick peas (drained)
roasted red peppers, chopped

Dressing:
1/3 cup olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp. salt
pepper to taste


Mix the dressing ingredients and pour over the chick peas. Spoon roasted red peppers over greens, and then spoon chick peas/dressing over the top.

I store the 3 main parts to the salad separately, and then make a fresh salad each day for a few days.

If you have a good summer lunch idea, feel free to leave a comment!

1 comment: