27 August 2011

It means...

We are officially starting our second week of school on Monday! Yippee! I think we all were ready to go back to the school-swing of things. This time of year always brings with it changes. Some good, some not so good. But that's okay - we'll take it all!

For me, it means....

...we are forced into a routine. I love it!!! I love going to bed at the same time, getting up at the same time.... Just put me in a rut and I'll be happy! :)

...cleaning out closets! Why do I love getting rid of stuff? I love getting hand-me-downs and giving hand-me-downs! The moms in our church are great about passing stuff around and helping each other out - it makes me smile when I think about it!

... planning for Daniel's birthday. When I noticed that some of the milk in the grocery store expired AFTER his birthday, I knew it was time to kick it into high gear. Why do I always procrastinate these things?

...my flower garden and mini-vegetable garden have gone to pot. Travis and I sat on the swing and found ourselves both staring at the ugliness that we call a flower bed. We both agree we need to do something. Actually, he implied that I need to do something. Sooo...

Image taken from Google Image
Hmm. I like this look. Maybe I can talk my brother-in-law to helping me copy this look. If I try it by myself, we'll still be looking at ugliness this time next year.

... thinking about Halloween costumes and Christmas. Don't ask me why planning a birthday party intimidates me, but I'll start making notes about costumes and gifts. I'm thinking maybe a zebra in a tutu for Addie (I can picture it; that's all that matters! :D), and, if the boys have a say in it, then it's Star Wars costumes for them. Christmas means that International Delight will have Vanilla Spiced Rum creamer back in stores (!!!), and I need to start thinking of a better place to hide presents (because of this incident).

Well, enough for now. It's past my scheduled bedtime!





No comments:

Post a Comment